3. We believe in the triune God, existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. These three are co-eternal and co-equal from all eternity, each with distinct personalities but of one essence. God is sovereign, unchangeable, and perfect in all His attributes. He is worthy of honor, adoration, and obedience.
4. We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, born miraculously of a virgin, sinless in His humanity, and complete in His deity as the second person in the Trinity. His suffering and literal death was a substitutionary sacrifice for the sin of the world. He was buried and rose again bodily and ascended into
5. We believe that man is totally depraved and salvation from the eternal penalty of sin is provided solely by the grace of God through personal faith in His person and work.
6. We believe in the personal work of the Holy Spirit which includes conviction of sin, regeneration of sinners, and indwelling believers.
7. We believe that Satan is a fallen angel, the archenemy of God and man, the unholy god of this world, for whom the place of eternal punishment was prepared, where all who die outside of Christ shall be confined in conscious torment for eternity.
8. We believe in the bodily return of Christ to establish His literal eternal Kingdom. General Information
Philosophy of Education It is the purpose of Macedonia Theological Seminary to contribute to the development of our students in the areas of Christian character, academic skills, subject mastery, Biblical understanding, and practical wisdom. We believe that Christian character and practical wisdom are best achieved through a cooperative effort with the local church. Academic skills and subject mastery are accomplished through clear explanation and responsive repetition, such as that found in our workbooks. There is no beneficial understanding apart from a Biblical understanding (Eph. 4:17-24). All of our curricula are written from a Biblical viewpoint. We firmly believe that conclusions about life and reality must be based on the Word of God above all other experiences and research. We believe study methods should be individualized: ([You] study to show thyself approved...), and if at all possible, directed by the pastor/teacher (II Tim 2:15; 2). We believe the product of higher education should be a Christian servant, skilled in the Word of God, trained in an area of service, and able to effectively use his education to the glory of God.
The Macedonia Theological Seminary, Inc. was founded by Dr James A Gordon PhD Pastor of Macedonia Cathedral Church of God in St Albans New York. In the beginning the Seminary offered a 60 hour course "certificate of completion in Biblical studies" to its first six graduates and has since been certified and authorize by the New York State Board of Education. Macedonia Theological Seminary is also associated with the American Association of Christian Therapists and Joint Commission on Chaplain Accreditation and Education (JCCAE).
Philosophy of Education
Macedonia Theological Seminary seeks to advance students in the areas of Christian character, academic skills, subject mastery, Biblical understanding, and practical wisdom. Academic skills and subject mastery are accomplished through clear explanation and responsive repetition, such as that found in M.T.S workbooks. We believe there is no beneficial understanding apart form a Biblical understanding (Eph. 4:17-24). All M.T.S curricula are written from a Biblically conservative viewpoint. We passionately believe that conclusions about life and reality must be based on the Word of God above all other experiences and research. We believe study methods should be individualized: ([You] study to show thyself approved…), and, if possible, directed by a pastor/teacher (2 Tim 2:15). We believe the product of higher education should be a Christian servant, skilled in the Word of God, trained in an area of service, and able to effectively use his education to the glory of God.
Message from the Faculty
We the members of the Faculty of the Macedonia Theological Seminary deem it a great honor to be working with men and women of God for the Kingdom. We endeavor to formulate principles for the foundation of Christian growth, enhancing the gifts and talents of God’s people.
The faculty and staff - Macedonia Theological Seminary
Statement of Mission and Purpose
The mission of Macedonia Theological Seminary is to support the local church by providing Scriptural knowledge and practical training to better equip dedicated Christians to serve God and minister to the spiritual needs of others.
It is the purpose of Macedonia Theological Seminary to:
(1) Provide a systematic and practical Bible education for any believer.
(2) Help prepare believers for ministries through the local church.
Areas of concentration include Biblical Studies, Pastoral Studies, Evangelism and Missions, Christian Education, and Christian Counseling.
(3) Encourage and revitalize those currently in the ministry through an invigorating exposure to God’s Word.
(4) Make a quality, Biblical education affordable and user-friendly for every off-campus student.
(5) Grant degrees of recognition for achievement in various levels of Bible education.
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, infallible, authoritative Word of God and is the all-sufficient rule in matters of faith and practice.
2. We believe in the historical accuracy of all Biblical accounts including special creation as it occurred during six literal days, the existence of Adam and Eve as the progenitors of all people, the fall and resultant divine curse on creation, and the worldwide flood.